Landscaping rocks are seldom found across U.S. neighborhoods, but these items can completely transform a property and provide all sorts of monetary benefits.
Certain landscaping projects, when done correctly, can offer a very high return on investment (ROI) and even increase property resale value by as much as 15%. Landscaping rocks are fantastic items for improving the look and feel of a property, as well as deliver some slight increases to a home’s resale value.
According to a 2017 Houzz Landscape Trends study, approximately 38% of homeowners planning to upgrade their landscape’s driveways, pathways, patios, and terraces are using crushed gravel or other types of rockery rocks.
These rockery rocks come in all shapes and sizes and can be used for dozens of property improvement projects. River rock, for example, is an extremely popular type of landscaping rock material. It is quite smooth and typically comes in one to two inches in diameter. Cobble rock, on the other hand, are much larger and can work great as a border to a large flower bed or planting strip.
Understanding the differences between all these rockery rocks, as well as other landscaping materials can be quite tricky, unfortunately. Thankfully, there are organizations out there that focus on not only providing you with the information you need for your next property improvement project, but can deliver the actual materials as well.
By working with experienced concrete hauling services, you won’t even have to pickup and handle these heavy bags of rockery rocks yourself. You can have the exact amount of landscaping material delivered right to your front yard. Whether you need bags of crushed gravel for a small garden or larger bench, column, or placement rocks, you won’t have to struggle lifting and getting these materials into your car — simply place your order and await the timely delivery right to your front door.
If you want to learn more about how to better utilize landscaping rocks to improve the look and feel of your property, or have utility sand, washed gravel, and other outdoor materials delivered to your home, give Builders Sand and Gravel Inc. a call today!
Landscaping rocks are seldom found across U.S. neighborhoods, but these items can completely transform a property and provide all sorts of monetary benefits.
According to a new survey by Harris Poll for the National Association of Landscape Professionals, approximately 75% of Americans feel that it is important to spend time outside in their yards. Sadly, not every property owner actually takes care of their lawn for themselves and their families to enjoy.
That’s where quality landscaping jobs come in. From planting a new garden, to simply taking better care of your lawn mowing, you can significantly improve the look and feel of your property, allowing you and your family to actually have some amazing summer days and unforgettable summer nights outside.
There are all kinds of materials that work great for various outdoor landscaping projects, including topsoil, landscaping rocks, crushed gravel, and bark dust. But one type of material has been gaining some rapid popularity as of late and could soon revolutionize the construction and landscaping industry: construction sand.
According to Fast Company, construction sand could soon be used to not only perform amazing-looking landscaping improvements, but for building structures as well. Desert sand can actually reduce the carbon footprint of construction and, if used with a quality binder, it can actually be quite durable.
Researchers from Imperial College London have developed a new building material called Finite that uses smooth desert sand to make concrete. Additionally, this sand-based material isn’t just useful, it’s non-toxic, which means it isn’t harmful like other products.
Sand has always been great to outline a garden or outdoor landscaping fixture, but has essentially been useless in terms of actual building construction — until now.
“[Desert sand] has little use [for construction], as its grains are too smooth and fine to bind together,” said Finite inventors.
But now, Finite uses wind-swept sand from deserts all over the world and is both an economically better option and can even save millions of water-based ecosystems around the globe.
If you want to learn more about the various uses of construction sand, types of topsoil, and the various topsoil uses, contact Builders Sand and Gravel Inc. right away.
In order for your home to look its best, you need to make sure that every single aspect of both your exterior and interior are up to your standards. A great looking home can still look tacky if the lawn is not properly cared for or a driveway is covered in dirt. Replacing an old and broken down driveway can give your home a much needed boost in appearance and even increase value.
A properly installed driveway can last up to 10 years as long as you’re staying on top of regular upkeep and maintenance. Using crushed gravel materials is a great way to achieve a quality, sufficient, and nice-looking driveway. As long as you know how to place the gravel and focus on cleaning up properly, you should have a great new driveway in a fairly short amount of time.
For instance, when installing a gravel driveway, it’s best to use three sizes of crushed gravel: the bottom layer of gravel should consist of around four inches of rocks (about the size of a baseball); the middle layer should be closer to three inches (or golf ball-size rocks); and the top layer of gravel should also be four inches of much smaller crushed rocks (think marble-size).
When performing a driveway installation project, though it’s best to consult with experienced professionals throughout the entire process, it’s extremely important to do at the end of your project. During cleanup, there are all kinds of heavy materials that need to be taken care of right away. Not only will these materials look terrible on your property just lying around, they could also cause some health concerns if any toxic chemicals or an excessive amount of dust clouds form around the home. That’s where concrete removal comes in.
Concrete hauling services are great for thoroughly cleaning a property after a major driveway or hardscape installation project. Simply contact a skilled concrete removal service, give them your address and information, and they’ll arrive at your home with dump trucks and other vehicles to quickly and efficiently clean your property and get your driveway and yard back to looking great.
If you want to learn more about concrete removal or have other landscaping materials sent to your home like construction sand and topsoil delivery, give Builders Sand and Gravel Inc. a call today.
Homeowners love improving the look and feel of their property for all kinds of reasons. Not only will some of these outdoor projects significantly improve the way a homeowner looks at their property, it can lead to financial gains as well. In fact, landscaping projects can actually increase a home’s resale value by as much as 14%.
One of the most underrated and affordable landscaping projects out there is utilizing landscaping rocks.
These landscaping rocks — also known as rockery rocks — are great for improving the aesthetic of any commercial or residential property. You might be asking yourself “what are rockery rocks used for?”, and the answer is simple: increasing property value and improving its look. Here are two rockery rock design ideas for you to consider this summer that will certainly give your property a new and improved look:
Outline a garden with crushed gravel
Placing crushed gravel along the outside of your property’s garden can actually strengthen all the crops and plants within your agricultural setup. Additionally, this nice border will give a major boost to your landscape’s appearance. All your neighbors will certainly be jealous at how nice your garden and entire yard is turning out thanks to these rockery rocks.
Use landscaping rocks for hardscape pathways
Walk outside a take a good, long look at your front yard. It might look great with some healthy bushes and trees spread about, but it seems like it’s missing something, doesn’t it. Now imagine that same yard with a beautiful stone pathway going from the front porch to the middle of the driveway or around your garden. Wow — now that’s a landscaping improvement. These rockery rocks can be flattened or scattered in specific areas of your poetry to create nice-looking stone pathways. You’ll enjoy the peaceful stone walk very morning while you get your paper and will like the way your yard looks even better.
If you’re in need of beautiful landscaping rocks to place around your yard and want to work with quality concrete hauling services, give Builders Sand and Gravel a call today.
Construction sand can be used for all kinds of important projects. Whether it’s for commercial landscaping uses or industrial cleanup projects, this material is very popular.
Hopefully this information will help you better understand how sand is used throughout the construction industry — here are some frequently asked questions pertaining to construction utility sand:
- Where does construction sand come from? — Sand and gravel deposits typically come from river flood plains, river channels, and glacial deposits. Every state in the country can produce both sand and gravel (over a billion tons produced each year, in fact).
- What are the various sizes of sand? — Sand has multiple grain sizes. Beach sand typically comes in very fine grains and can be implemented for playground use, as well as golf course bunkers, sandboxes, and volleyball courts.
- Can I use sea sand for construction projects? — Since beach sand does not have high compressive strength and high tensile strength, it typically isn’t used during construction projects. Keep in mind, however, the salt in beach sand can absorb moisture from atmosphere, which leads to a dampened material, allowing the washed out sand to be utilized for concrete work.
- What can be made from sand? — There are plenty of ways sand can be altered for various construction and other uses. Glass is actually made from liquid sand by heating ordinary sand material until it completely liquefies. That won’t happen on a typical beach, though, as sand needs temperatures of approximately 3,090 degrees Fahrenheit to melt.
- Can topsoil be used as sand? — In some instances, yes, since there are three types of topsoil, including loam, clay, and sand itself. Loam, which is a fertile topsoil, is a combination of sand and clay.
- What are some of the other types of sand? — There is pit sand, which is a course material that it primarily used in concreting; river sand that works great for plastering and other construction tasks; and crushed stone, which is manufactured by crushing granite or basalt rock.
If you want to learn more about the various uses of construction sand, or work with quality crushed gravel and concrete hauling services, give Builders Sand and Gravel a call today!
Running a successful business means keeping your employees happy, your customers happy, and all your finances in order. But there is so much more. You need to also make sure that your physical property’s landscape looks terrific.
Here are some fantastic tips to improve the look of your commercial business’s landscape:
- Focus on the entrance — Though your entire commercial property needs to look great, you need to focus primarily on the building’s entrance. Your business needs to seem inviting and welcoming to everyone that arrives or passes by. You could have a remarkable looking building, a fantastic company in general, and great employees, but if your landscaping entrance doesn’t look all that great, you’re likely going to take some financial hits. Additionally, your company’s driveway should be the focal point of your entrance. A properly installed driveway can last up to 10 years with regular upkeep. Concrete hauling services can deliver you plenty of crushed gravel and other materials that can help you construct a great looking driveway.
- Keep the lawn looking great — Mowing your lawn at home can be done about once a week, but you’re going to need to do more for your commercial property. Keeping your lawn freshly cut and looking good is a must for all commercial property owners. You don’t have to do this yourself (though you can), so consider hiring a professional lawn care service so your lawn always looks great — it’ll be well worth it.
- Plant some attractive plants — Having a nice lawn is important, but you’re going to need to do more than just have plain grass along your property line. Concrete hauling services don’t exclusively deliver concrete products, so take advantage of these organizations by having washed gravel, landscaping rocks, and topsoil delivered to your business so you can really get creative with your commercial landscaping. Use these landscaping materials to give your property’s garden some outdoor features that look fantastic. Outlining your garden with some stone pathways or other hardscaping features, for instance, can not only improve your landscape’s appearance, but it will also increase the overall value of your property.
If you’re in need of experienced concrete hauling services or topsoil delivery, give Builders Sand and Gravel Inc a call right away.
All across the country, broken down dirt and gravel roads might look good for photography projects, but when it comes to transportation, these roads are in dire need of assistance.
That’s where crushed gravel and material maintenance comes in.
At the residential level, homeowners love using crushed rockery rocks and crushed gravel to improve their property’s hardscapes. In fact, according to the 2017 Houzz Landscape Trends study, 38% of homeowners upgrading their pathways, driveways, patios, terraces, and using crushed rock and gravel.
These landscaping rocks are great for residential landscaping purposes, but civil engineering departments need to start finding ways to use these materials to tend to broken down roadways.
According to Lancaster Farming, in Pennsylvania, where many broken-down gravel and dirt roads are located, statewide programs are finally beginning to address some of these problems.
More than $500,000 has been funneled to approximately 150 projects to address concerns about dirt, gravel, and little-used paved roads across Lancaster County. Under the Pennsylvania Dirt, Gravel and Low-Volume Road Program, drainage has improved on about 90% of the county’s 82 miles of unpaved roads, keeping storm water from flushing harmful dirt and other pollutants into adjacent streams. Additionally, 10 miles of the area’s lowest-volume paved roads (which see fewer than 500 vehicles a day) have been fitted with rain gardens, upgraded gravel and pavement projects, and other measures to control storm water runoff and maintain roadway durability.
“I’m real pleased the township has done this,” said Terry Frantz, who has lived on a broken down crushed gravel roadway in Pennsylvania for 43 years.
The Pennsylvania Dirt and Gravel Roads Maintenance Program increased its efforts in 2014 from $5 million a year to $35 million for statewide roadway renovations.
“The municipalities see the funding as road maintenance funds on roads that do not get a lot of traffic,” added Matt Kofroth, watershed coordinator for the Lancaster County Conservation District. “We see it as water quality improvements on roads that are typically adjacent to fragile stream environments.”
Of course, this is just one example of a locality dealing with washed out and broken down gravel roads. You can find these roadways just outside the borders of every major U.S. city. Fortunately, dirt and gravel roads and driveways are often much easier to repair than typical paved roads. Often, drainage gravel and gravel delivery services are all that’s required to repair a road for years to come.
Property owners who neglect their landscape often struggle to sell their homes for a decent price when the time comes. Similarly, those who don’t put much outdoor work in rarely spend time in their yards or enjoy the look and feel of their property at all. That’s why you should be doing everything you can to improve your outdoor property’s appearance this spring, which is the perfect time to start such projects.
Of course, landscaping could include everything from planting new shade trees to building a massive new outdoor patio. For homeowners looking for small-scale projects to get started on, utilizing rockery rocks is a great beginner’s landscaping project. Landscaping rocks — rockery rocks, pea gravel, river rocks — are relatively inexpensive landscaping materials, and supply companies can deliver them directly to your property. Then, all you need is a wheelbarrow and shovel.
Here are some tips for utilizing landscaping rocks in the best ways possible:
- Select the right type of landscaping rocks — There are all kinds of rocks out there for you to purchase and start placing around your property, but some materials are much better options for certain projects than others. Consult with a landscaping professional to find out what rocks work best for certain tasks. For instance, large rockery rocks are ideal for delineating the borders of a garden or fire pit, while pea gravel is ideal for creating pathways and patios.
- Work with a gravel delivery service — Identifying the rocks you’re going to be using on your property is one thing, but getting all that material to your backyard is another. Thankfully, there are professional gravel delivery services that can bring the exact amount of landscaping rock right to your doorstep. Don’t pile in all that heavy material into your sedan; get help from the professionals.
- Construct a water feature — Using rocks to outline a small pond or water feature on your lawn can give a major boost in visual appearance and overall value to your property. River rock is a popular option for this kind of project because it’s smooth and typically only one to two inches in diameter.
- Replace mulch with crushed gravel — Rather than dealing with mulch, which has its perks but can be less visually appealing than other materials, place down some crushed gravel around your property’s garden. Crushed gravel can give your lawn a fresh, distinguished look and often works just as well as mulch for drainage purposes.
If you want to find out more about how landscaping rocks can improve the look and feel of your property, or work with a legitimate drainage gravel delivery service here in the Seattle region, give Builder’s Sand and Gravel Inc. a call today.
How can I improve my home’s landscape? What can I use gravel for? When should I start working on my landscaping projects?
These are questions property owners ask themselves on a regular basis. You should never neglect your home’s landscape because property improvements can increase your home’s value and can result in your landscape looking so much more appealing. Here are some frequently asked questions that are asked pertaining to landscaping improvement projects:
- How can I improve my home’s landscape? — This question doesn’t have one single answer because there are an infinite ways to strengthen your property’s appearance. Everything from planting a small garden to completely reinventing your landscape can improve your property significantly.
- What can I use gravel for? — Landscaping crushed gravel and construction sand are great materials for property improving tasks. A one-inch layer of crushed gravel can provide quality weed control, crushed gravel can be used to outline a garden or home’s fencing, crushed gravel can be used to accentuate hardscapes on your property, and so much more.
- When should I start working on my landscaping projects? — This is the easiest answer of them all: right away! Even if it’s the middle of winter, you can still start planning for your upcoming landscaping projects and begin purchasing all the necessary materials and equipment.
- Do I have to transport all that material myself? — For small landscaping projects, you can probably head to your local home improvement shop and get what you need. But for major tasks, it’s better to work with topsoil delivery and concrete hauling services. These organizations can deliver and drop-off the exact amount of product needed for any major landscaping task.
If you still find yourself asking “what can I use gravel for?” or any of these other commonly asked questions, you’re going to need some professional assistance. Additionally, if you are hoping to find some high quality crushed gravel products and rockery rocks for landscaping purposes, give Builders Sand and Gravel Inc. a call right away!
Whether you’re a homeowner or a business owner, you need to make sure you’re considering every single outdoor aspect of your property. Just because the interior of your building looks great doesn’t mean that your exterior is anything to write home about. You need to spend some time and resources improving your landscape, and the first place you should start is the driveway.
Residential and commercial driveways are the first features of a property that people will see upon their arrival. Even if your home or business looks amazing, if the driveway is in rough shape, it’s going to take away from the overall building appearance.
Here are some tips for having an attractive driveway:
- Crushed gravel usage — When installing a new gravel driveway, it’s best to use three sizes of gravel for maximum look and performance. The bottom layer of gravel should consist of about four inches of larger size rocks; the middle layer should be between three to four inches of golf ball-size rocks; and the top layer of gravel should again be about four inches of rocks that resemble marbles.
- Work with professionals — If you attempt to install your driveway yourself, whether it’s for residential or commercial purposes, you run the risk of having a lesser quality product. By working with professionals, your driveway will be able to last much longer (possibly even 10 years), provided you’re staying on top of regular maintenance.
- Don’t forget about cleanup — Once the driveway has been constructed, far too many homeowners and commercial property owners neglect the final step: cleanup. Luckily there are skilled concrete removal services that can efficiently and effectively clear up the entire driveway consecution site. It’s equally as important to work with professional driveway installers as it is to work with skilled concrete removal workers.
If you want to learn more about removing debris from construction sites, find quality rockery rocks or sand for sand boxes, or speak with a professional concrete removal service, give Builders Sand and Gravel Inc a call today.